March 26, 2010
Running, all the thoughts
Through my head. Anxiety
Reigns. Then, fatigue. Done.
March 7, 2010
- why was John Travolta wearing jeans? If he wasn't wearing jeans, his pants need to put on a suit
- commercial about Jamie Oliver's food revolution makes me want to put town my bowl of Oscar snacks. Well, not really, it's pretzels and Crystal Light lemonade, nut I really want a 6-pack of beer, a pepperoni pizza, and some Cheetos. We all make sacrifices.
- Because I love small, newborn puppies, I don't want Avatar to win any more awards. A win for Avatar is support for fake filmmaking, and the murder of innocent puppies. And James Cameron's wife looks like she needs to eat.
- Every time Hurt Locker wins a category over Avatar, an angel gets its wings. (RT @baratunde for that, but it's true)
- I think that more Black people get to come to the Oscars when we're nominated for more stuff. So CCH Pounder, live it up this year 'cuz our last good year happened 8 years ago.
That's all until TweetDeck resets its API and I can share my sarcasm #140characters at a time…
November 22, 2009
The internet is all agog over vampires with the release of New Moon, the second movie release in Stephenie Meyer’s popular Twilight book series. The film has broken box office records. New Moon devotees have taken over social networking sites, declaring their allegiance for “Team Edward” or “Team Jacob,” the two males vying for the affections of Bella, the story’s quirky protagonist. Teens, tweens, and middle-aged moms alike pine for the movie’s male stars Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner. Missing from the shrieking fracas are the young Black women swooning over Lautner’s swarthy good looks and washboard abs. Where, among the Twitter updates in French, Tagalog and – oh yes – Indonesian are Tweets from Sheniqua and Tyrone about their third visit to the cinema? Black folks are talking about New Moon but, like Baratunde Thurston of The Onion who held a live hate-tweet of the film, we’re just talking smack.
October 7, 2009
I have a complaint: people complain too much.
October 6, 2009
And good for other people, too. Like Tyler Perry who talks candidly about the child abuse in his past, I want to talk about the things I’ve been through in the hopes that it will educate others.